straight out of the pantry...

I bought a can of cut beets a while ago and they've been sitting in the pantry looking at me. I'm not sure why I picked them up, I've not ever bought beets of any kind my whole adult life and this was before I went meat-free. Anyway, today, I drained them, cut them up even more, mixed them with a small can of mandarin oranges (also drained), and about half a cup of walnuts. I splashed on a bit of balsamic vinegar and sprinkled on some salt and pepper. Delicious, and so pretty!


I suspect it would have been even better if I let it chill in the fridge for a bit, but I was too hungry. You gotta love a quick recipe that can be made entirely from the pantry. By leaving off the salt and pepper, maybe adding some cut up strawberries, I could definitely see this as a quick, healthy dessert option too.

No comments:

Post a Comment