October (3/4 year!?!) Resolution Update


Lately I have completely failed at all of my goals. I have sort of let everything get away from me. I was fine for half the year and then,
bam!, it all went away. Let's see:

1. Wake up earlier. Well, yes. 9:30 or earlier on most days. Ok, doing well, this is the exception though.

2. Exercise. Every. Day. Nope. Not even one day in as long as I can remember. I could blame traveling, I guess, but the truth is I just got out of it and can't get back in. Part of it has to do with absolutely being inside of my goal weight, so not feeling as much need to, but most of it is just laziness.

3. Be dressed before my husband comes home for lunch every day. Or at least every other day. Well, yes and no. Mostly no, but sometimes yes?

4. Keep the house so clean that at any given moment someone could stop by and I would not be embarrassed. Nope. I am embarrassed right now. Mostly by the state of the floors that are so hard to clean. I could blame the constant roof leaks, but, let's be honest, most of it is just laziness.

5. Read my stack of unread books. Not at all. Although I have two of them in a Goodwill donation stack because I've decided that I just really don't want to read them. And I read 100 pages of The Fabric of the Cosmos... almost two months ago.

6. Learn to play guitar. I have been terrible about practicing, but good about going to classes once a week. Where I learn nothing new because I haven't practiced the previous week's stuff.

I'd like to say that I'm going to get better, but life's just been so busy. And it's going by so fast. And I really just want to bake pumpkin brownies and wait for the year to be over so I can make some more resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment