this weekend

This weekend was basically driving with birthday cake in between. The sky was crazy on Friday night:


Although, I guess the filter is cheating. In real life, it looked more like this:




I was staring up at it and felt like I was looking down at the ocean. Before the drive, I downloaded Break Up from Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn, and it was pretty good. Perfect for riding in the car by yourself or listening to around the house.


On Saturday, we had cake and ice cream for breakfast, which is one of my favorite things about birthdays. It feels so wrong (especially to let kids do it), but so perfect.


The birthday boy wanted to eat sushi and watch Clash of the Titans. We all thought the movie was a little disappointing. It was good, but definitely not great.


Then a Sunday full of driving. The sides of the highways were full of wildflowers the whole way - blues and yellows and, my favorite, the oranges. I can't believe these are essentially weeds - if I had a garden, I'd want it to look just like that.

I didn't take any pictures, but these are from around the internet and are exactly what it looked like, especially with yesterday's misty weather:



I spent much of the drive googling images of 60s style icons. I love how these women look effortless, but so sexy and so modern.

Jane Birkin

Francoise Hardy


Jean Shrimpton

You could stick them on the street today and they wouldn't look out of place at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment