resolutions


“I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little — if only out of politeness. & then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. & it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”
(Coco Chanel)

Yep, that was one of my resolutions, but does it apply if you don't leave the house that day? (Side note: my mom was once horrified that I let my husband see me "like this" meaning without makeup, and worried that he will leave or cheat unless I added lipstick. I think if lipstick really makes a difference to cheating/leaving then you've got bigger problems...)

D. left yesterday for a surprise trip to Detroit and I think it was the first day since my resolutions that I did not even bother washing my face until bedtime. Sad. Also the house was trashed, I had sorted laundry into a bunch of piles on the floor in anticipation for a trip to the laundromat that went out the door when I found out he was leaving, as well as emptied my giant purse onto the floor searching for quarters. Of course, we have no walls so none of the mess is hidden once you open the front door and of course one of our neighbors came over looking for a phone number for a restaurant across the street. So embarrassing. I spent the rest of the night cleaning, and didn't even stop to practice guitar, so I guess I broke all of my resolutions in one day! (Is it too late to make watching Sex and the City my new years resolution? I rock at that - I'm on Season 3 already...)


I was successful though, in not eating the half of pumpkin pie and home-made whipped cream sitting in the fridge. Don't know why, but as soon as D. leaves I start eating and I don't stop until he comes back. Not when he goes to work and stuff, just when he goes out of town. But this time I ate a big bag of broccoli and carrots instead of poppycock and ice cream like last time.

One more cup of coffee then, then getting dressed and lipstick in case destiny is waiting in the laundry room, and if not I have (500) Days of Summer rented and on my iPhone. I love turning laundry day into chick flick day!

*(500) Days of Summer was really good. I love Zooey Deschanel, and now I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt (the little boy from 3rd Rock from the Sun!), and I loved the way the movie was filmed/written. Not so much chick flick like I thought it would be, but a really good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment