new orleans

A cancelled trip to DC was replaced with a surprise trip to New Orleans last week...

and now I know for certain that our scale is wrong because it says I lost a pound when we ate so much (really good) food.

Franky & Johnny's for stuffed artichoke, mufalettas, huge boiled shrimp,  and (disappointing) bread pudding: 


Tony's Po-Boys (in Chalmette) for super fresh seafood platters with the best mac and cheese ever (drenched with oil):



Tony's has a twist on the deer heads you see everywhere in the south:



All washed down with Abita Amber...



and snowballs!



We also ate at Voodoo BBQ (the corn pudding!), and Ralph & Kacoo's (more fried seafood platters), but no pictures. I have to get in the habit of taking pictures of food and restaurant name at least. New Orleans is my food heaven, I have a list of places I want to again sometime:
  • Bayona (my birthday place!)
  • Matt & Naddie's
  • Jacques-Imo's (need to see if this is true)
  • Upperline (I haven't been, but it looked cute)
  • Pandora's
  • Jack Dempsey's (haven't been since I was a kid, stuffed flounder!)
  • Tony Angelo's (my favorite stuffed shrimp anywhere)

No comments:

Post a Comment