2009/2010


(bad iphone pics of the new years firework display... we walked out at midnight.)

2009 was a funny year. I think it was the year that I felt the most happiest and content so far in my life. I feel like I know myself now, more than I ever have, and I think that's why getting older hasn't bothered me (yet). This year we were still - no moves or giant crises - which was a nice change. We were alone - with only occasional visits to family - and I've come to be ok like that. It was a whirlwind - feels like I can remember celebrating my 2008 birthday like it was last week, and 2009's celebration seems like ages ago. This year I trusted more, worried less, and enjoyed myself more. I feel happy. I had a good little year, and I think 2010 will be the same.

On to the resolutions, they are pretty simple and should be doable:

1. Wake up earlier - I think this has been a resolution for the last 10 years! I just can't get into the habit. But the day goes by so much quicker and when I sleep in every day I feel like I don't have time to do everything I want to. (I'm not even talking about 5:30 am or anything - my goal is 9 am! I'm revealing how lazy I am...)

2. Exercise. Every. Day. It's so fun and easy when I do it for a while, but so easy to let slide and before you know it it's been two? three? months. My plan is to start this today (but I already failed on #1 today...).

3. Be dressed before my husband comes home for lunch every day. Or at least every other day. This does not include pjs, sweat pants, or workout clothes (well workout clothes would be ok only if I've actually exercised) and does include makeup. I feel better when I put effort into my appearance (other than taking a shower, don't worry I do that every night), I think everybody does. I'm not talking about high maintenance here, there's been more weeks than not in 2009 that I've gone all week in pjs!

4. Keep the house so clean that at any given moment someone could stop by and I would not be embarrassed. I get embarrassed easily over a messy house - my mom always spend the day cleaning before guests came over, and I think I've adopted that mentality. At this new apartment, neighbors are sometimes popping by, and I don't want to be hesitant to be social because the bathroom is dirty.

5. Read my stack of unread books. I used to read books so much, now I never do unless I'm on an airplane. We have one bookshelf here, compared to 4 in the old bedroom, I have books piling up, and I hate having unread ones taking space that could be devoted to beloved ones. My goal for this is 1 per month.

6. Learn to play guitar. But this is a whole other post!

No comments:

Post a Comment