julia & julia got to my head...

This week I'm doing an experiment in being a better housewife. Usually when I go to the groceries, I buy stuff to make one of two pots of things. This time, before I went shopping on Monday, I planned out a dinner for every weeknight, my meal plan goes like this: crab and corn bisque with side salad, stuffed bell peppers with sweet potato fries, shrimp and avocado spinach salad, chicken parmesan with roasted squash and zucchini, chili with cornbread.

Chicken parmesan, by far the most accomplished meal I've ever cooked:


with baked zucchini and yellow squash:



Stuffed bell peppers with sweet potato fries:



Shrimp and avocado spinach salad:



even made candied walnuts for the salad (so easy just sugar and nuts on the stovetop):


So far, so good. Gives me a chance to try out some recipes, and gives my husband something to eat after work instead of a Lean Cuisine. I may just do it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment