veggie, week one



Week one of the kind diet in effect, and a complete success, until we went out for sushi yesterday.... I feel more full more often, but I guess that's because I've been eating more than usual to try to get enough of everything. I probably will start just eating when I'm hungry, but this week I've been getting at least 3 meals in every day.

My new diet goals:
  • Stop buying meat/dairy/eggs (except for a bit of leftover cream cheese, and defrosted lentil soup made long ago with chicken broth, I've not eaten any. Oh, and the sushi.).
  • Drink lots of water. (I love my new insulated cup. Actually kept a glass of ice water cool for 2 hours in my parked car in over 100 degree heat.)
  • Make mindful choices (I've been good here, except for that bag of chocolate chips... this is much easier when hubby is here, and not out of town!).
  • Listen to body (eat when I'm hungry, and aim for variety).
  • Move (haven't exercised since 2010! I gotta get on this one, but I keep procrastinating...).

My favorite meal of the week was my Portobello Fajitas. For maybe the first time, I didn't even use a base recipe.


Portobello Fajitas (for 2)

1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 yellow onion
1 package sliced portobella mushrooms
olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
soy sauce (I used one small packet from takeout, maybe 1 Tbsp?)
Tortillas (I used small flour ones originally, then whole wheat wraps for the leftovers. The flour ones worked much better.)

Slice up the bell peppers and onion. (I put the other half of everything in a ziplock in the freezer for next time...) Heat olive oil over medium heat in skillet, add peppers, onion, garlic, spices, and soy sauce. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, cook until soft. Heat tortillas (I nuked them for 1 minute, but I'm sure there are better ways). Serve with avcacado and salsa.

Simple and really so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment