fall vs. summer

It's 104 degrees here and I cooked chili and pumpkin bread for dinner last night. And our air conditioning is broken. Don't ask me. It was good, though.



I had exactly 4 eggs about to expire, so I searched for a recipe for pumpkin bread using 4 eggs and whole wheat flour, and omitting honey and juice. This is what I found. It turned out dry (no big surprise from looking at the ingredients, and reading the reviews) but really good! I followed the recipe, but added a bunch of junk which no doubt made it better: 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips, 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 1 c. walnuts. Next time, I would use two cans of pumpkin puree to help reduce the dryness. I didn't have loaf pans, so I used 2 silicon round cake pans instead, and it still took 45 minutes to cook thoroughly.

Also, don't slice your bread/cake in a silicon pan because you'll cut right through the pan. And, yes, I know I shouldn't have had to learn that from experience.

This chili is maybe my favorite thing to cook and is the first thing I really learned how to cook, even though it's really just opening a bunch of cans and stirring for a few hours. But you do have to chop an onion so I totally count it. I found it by searching google for "Wendy's chili recipe", and if you like Wendy's chili, you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment