weekend



Yesterday, I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup and it is all gone today. I love cooking big pots of food, and I really love when it gets eaten up instead of wasted. My chicken noodle soup is almost too easy to call homemade:

Heat two big cans of chicken broth (49.5 oz each) in a pot on medium high heat. Add chopped carrots and celery (about 1 cup each?). I usually spend one day chopping, then freeze the stuff in ziplock bags measured for my recipes for whenever I get around to cooking - makes it really easy. While that's cooking, heat a little olive oil and cook about a pound of chicken tenderloins in it. Then tear it up into tiny pieces, add to the broth, and boil it all for about 20 minutes. Then add about 3 cups of uncooked medium egg noodles and cook for about 15 more minutes. Done! I like a lot of stuff in my soup, but you could cut down on the noodles and carrots and stuff if you don't.


Today, is another driving day, so we might be the only Americans not watching the Superbowl. On Friday's drive, I wore purple tights with my motorcycle boots... I love the 90s!

No comments:

Post a Comment