nowhere to go



Still haven't found decent Italian food in San Antonio. And I'm not even comparing it to the awesome hole-in-the-wall eateries everywhere in downtown Gloucester anymore, now if it's as good as the Olive Garden, it'll be the best so far in San Antonio. (When we first moved here, we saw Olive Garden voted as one of the best Italian restaurants in San Antonio. We laughed then, but not anymore.)

Last week, we stopped into La Focaccia Italian Grill. It was so bad that I wouldn't even be writing about it, except I actually remembered to take pictures of all the food and stuff and it would be a waste.

It looked promising, hole-in-the-wall-y, but still nice:




Bread and olive oil came fast, all the service was fast:


The oysters rockafeller tasted more like my granny's mustard greens than oysters rockafeller, because of a surplus of smokey bacon overwhelming the dish:


Hubby got clams and linguini with white sauce, which was horrible. I couldn't place the spice used, but there was way too much of it...

And I knew I was ordering too ambitiously, but I couldn't resist my favorite: Stuffed Flounder - "filled with crab, scallops, and snapper served in a lemon butter sauce"!


It was really bad, the whole thing just tasted bland and wet, and there was rice mixed into the stuffing. Partly my fault, I should've ordered chicken parmesan or meatballs and spaghetti or something, but hey, it was on the menu... Note to self: Next time you find a bug in your water before ordering, just go ahead and leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment